How to Renew OWWA Membership in Taiwan
An actual email/response from a MECO officer in Taipei last Friday, November 1, 2019, @ 10:06 AM
Take note that if there are at least twenty(20) persons or more that would like to renew their OWWA membership in your dormitory, then the OWWA officers are more than willing to personally come to your place to assist you.
Please note that you won’t be able to acquire an OEC(Balik-Manggagawa) and an OFW ID if you are NOT an active OWWA member.
Important to Note:
- Bring your OLD passport, just in case.
- *If you have just renewed your passport, then the officers will ask for your old one. Provide a photocopy of the page where the LAST Visa is attached.
- Bring photocopies of your ARC, new passport and *old.
- Be EARLY if you are opting to renew your membership on Sundays. It’s a bit crowded in MECO Taipei during these days of the month.
- Download the OFW Info Sheet, print, and fill-up. The link can be found above. OFW Info Sheet is also available at MECO Taipei.
- Two convenience stores(7-11 & Family Mart) are just nearby if ever you’ll forget to bring photocopies.
- OWWA Membership is valid for TWO consecutive (2) years.
List of MECO Contacts and Addresses
MECO TAIPEI OFFICE
2F, Chang Hong New Era Building
55 & 57 Zhouzi Street
Telephone Number: (886) 2-2658-8825
Fax Number: (886) 2-2658-8867
MECO TAICHUNG EXTENSION OFFICE
20F Longbang Building (Building B)
No. 220 Taiwan Boulevard, Section 2
Telephone Number: (886) 4-23228835 to 36
Fax Number: (886) 4-23228992
MECO KAOHSIUNG EXTENSION OFFICE
9F-2, Grand 50 Tower
No. 80, Min Tzu 1st Road
Telephone Number: (886) 7-3985935 to 36
Fax Number: (886) 7-3985929
MECO MANILA OFFICE
7/F Trafalgar Plaza,
105 H.V. de la Costa Street
Salcedo Village, Makati City, Philippines
Telephone Number: (632) 848-3796 to 97
Fax Number: (632) 848-3799