It’s been a few months since I arrived at this district in New Taipei. This place is recognized in Taiwan as its Ceramic capital.
Here’s a list of some of the popular Tourist Attractions in Yingge 鶯歌 District that I have explored so far…
The Origin of Yingge’s Name
Did you know that this district got its name from a rock? According to a legend, Koxinga the Chinese general of the Ming Dynasty shot down a giant bird thus turning it into the stone that stands today.
You can watch about the Yingge 鶯歌 Rock here:
If you’re fond of hiking, then try discovering the trails that this place has to offer.
List of other Tourist Attractions in Yingge 鶯歌
>Yingge Old Street (鶯歌陶瓷老街)
High-quality ceramics can be found in here. This old street is always packed during weekends and during holidays too.
>Yingge Ceramics Museum (新北市立鶯歌陶瓷博物館)
The General Admission fee is 80NT$. This museum boasts of ancient and modern ceramics. It even features a timeline that indicates the origin of pottery making in Yingge. Bits of archaeological evidence taken from various parts of Taiwan are also displayed. Be aware though that taking photos as well as taking videos are prohibited inside.
> Da’an 大安溪 River Cycling Route
>Yingge Central River Sunset Trail 鶯歌環河日落步道
> San Ying Park 三鶯陶瓷河濱公園
> Yuānshān / Lushan Scenic Area 鳶山風景區
This is part of Sanxia District but this is only 6 kilometers from Yingge, so I decided to include this in the list.
I climbed this mountain on my bike without any hint on how high this is and was completely caught off guard of its steepness. You can also hike up to the top if you prefer. If you’d rather choose to be on a scooter, then that would be better. You can park your bike/scooter upon reaching “the Bell”. Check out the video here:
We’ll keep exploring and don’t hesitate to subscribe to our mailing list and to our YouTube Channel for you to stay updated!
- Highland 405/Mt. Dadong Hiking Trail 大棟山登山步道 in Taoyuan, Taiwan
- Houli Flower Farm in Taichung
- NT$10,000 Multa sa mga SMOKERS sa New Taipei
- The Stunning 17 Kilometer Scenic Coastal Area in Hsinchu, Taiwan
- Mga Karaniwang Requirements (Taiwan-bound OFWs)
- Important Contacts & Addresses for Taiwan OFWs
- Bade Bald Cypress Forest, Taoyuan (八德落羽松森林)
- Neiwan Old Street, Hsinchu County
- Nanliao Harbor, Hsinchu City
- Online Selling Warning for Taiwan OFWs
- Listahan ng mga Recruitment Agencies sa Pilipinas (Taiwan Bound)
- Haowangjiao 好望角 in Houlong, Taiwan
- Drone Insurance a.k.a DJI Care Refresh
- Visa Free Entry for Filipino Tourists (Taiwan-Bound)
- PTI Kailangan ng Filipino Workers na nasa Taiwan